From Luis Miguel Silva <luismiguelferreirasi...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB crashing on me (while doing benchmark with 1 million documents)
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 05:49:01 GMT
Dear all,

I'm doing some benchmarks on CouchDB and it seems i'm making it crash
when i try to create 1 million parallel documents, using 10 processes,
submitting 100000K documents each (using the bulk_docs API).
Is there anything i can debug to figure out what is going on? The
server just dies and the logs do not show anything special...

The only thing i see in the client side is that the server just
unexpectedly closed the connection and did not return anything...
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server
curl: (52) Empty reply from server

real    1m20.955s
user    0m0.180s
sys     0m0.148s

real    1m21.034s
user    0m0.140s
sys     0m0.064s

real    1m21.036s
user    0m0.144s
sys     0m0.088s

real    1m21.035s
user    0m0.192s
sys     0m0.124s

real    1m21.041s
user    0m0.184s
sys     0m0.168s

real    1m21.040s
user    0m0.108s
sys     0m0.136s

real    1m21.048s
user    0m0.136s
sys     0m0.092s

real    1m21.050s
user    0m0.136s
sys     0m0.132s

real    1m21.049s
user    0m0.112s
sys     0m0.116s

real    1m21.059s
user    0m0.132s
sys     0m0.092s

[root@xkitten ~]#

Any thoughts?

p.s. does anybody else have some interesting benchmarks they can hare with me?

Thank you!
Luis