From Jens Rantil <jens.ran...@gmail.com>
Subject Debian package
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2011 00:16:30 GMT
Hi,

I am considering deploying CouchDB on a Debian system.

I have noticed that the Debian package for CouchDB is rather old [1]. The
latest package version contains CouchDB 0.11.0 and currently there is a
security patch that is still to be added to the package[2]. My question is
really, would you recommend using 0.11.0 for production use? I mean, it is
included in Debian stable. Or, are there alternative ways to create a Debian
package for later versions of CouchDB? Or is a later package hosted on an
alternative repository?

To speed up the process to get the Debian package up to par with the
latest/later CouchDB release(s), maybe the Ubuntu package[3] could used as a
template?

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/couchdb.html
[2] http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/couchdb
[3] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/couchdb

I'd be grateful if anyone has any tips on deploying on a Debian system.

Thanks,
Jens