From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Macports OSX issues?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 22:36:56 GMT
On 8 April 2011 09:41, Trevor Bain <trevor.bain@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Someone, recently, opened up a similar ticket to this in macports
>> (for the erlang version error) and it was closed as fixed. So, I
>> assumed that this wasn't the error (bad assumption). I guess the
>> same problem happened again more recently - doesn't macports allow
>> for build/runtime dependencies against specific versions?
>
> OK, it's a different issue.
>
> Erlang needs to be reinstalled with the +ssl variant.
>
> https://trac.macports.org/ticket/27686
>
> If if figure out, in retrospect, how I would have debugged this
> I'll post something in case no one has a better method.

Configure CouchDB local.ini [log] level=debug
sudo to the right user. check permissions as you've done.
Use couchdb -i to get an interactive erlang shell.
if you don't see "1> Apache CouchDB 1.0.2 (LogLevel=debug) is
starting." straight off, then

run i(). to see if crypto_server is present. if not -> you've most
likely got erlang without SSL. Either recompile from source, or use a
different package - e.g. on debian erlang-ssl.

then try couch:start().

post results of i() and couch:start() to friendpaste, check in with
IRC or list for further suggestions.

A+
Dave