From Nebu Pookins <nebupook...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: replication
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 18:38:49 GMT
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Mage <mage@mage.hu> wrote:
> In the meantime I played a bit with CouchDB and realized that conflicts
> happen when: I start working with a document on node A => I modify and
> save the same document on node B => Replication happens => I try to save
> the original object on node A.
>
> So conflict can happen not during the replication but on save if I am right.

I might be mistaken on the terminology, but I believe that this is
distinct from a conflict. Here, CouchDB rejects your update outright,
because when you try to save it, it knows that the version from which
you had based your update was out of date. In contrast, a conflict
occurs long after the user is has finished their update and has left,
but CouchDB later discovers (via replication) that someone else has
also edited, and now no humans are around to tell it what to do.

 - Nebu