From Philipp Forsthuber <philipp.forsthu...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed: is couchDB a good fit for my app?
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2011 14:28:21 GMT
Hi Nebu,

This is exactly the problem we needed solved, and the approach I described
solved it (at least in our tests)

The replication filter from the user database to the master database is
empty. So, every document is written to the master. The replication filter
from master to user checks if the correct property is available in the
document, and decides wether to replicate it or not. The key difference here
is, that only an admin has access to the master database, and he is
repsonsible for creating the replication filters. Thus, if User A wants to
share a Note with User B, he only has to enter User B in the "users"
property of the document, and the replication mechanism will take care of
every sharing for you.

I believe Jeoren was confused because I mixed up some definitions, and did
not call filtered replication by its name, but called it a view.

Regards,
Philipp