From Nebu Pookins <nebupook...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB's advantages over MongoDB
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2011 15:01:56 GMT
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 10:40 AM, Sean Copenhaver
<sean.copenhaver@gmail.com> wrote:
> Simple that you can have 2 way continuous replication to keep multiple nodes
> in sync with the full data set. So all nodes could be used for all activity.
>
> Usually with the slave configuration the slaves are only for reading so a
> single node could keep everything in sync.

Thanks Sean, that makes sense. I've just now read another message by
Luciano Ramalho, where Luciano essentially writes the same in the
paper at http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/4893

CouchDB was influenced by Lotus Notes, a networked, collaborative
application suite designed to support users who are often off-line.
So, CouchDB allows master-master replication, that is, synchronization
between peer nodes which have received inserts and updates
independently. MongoDB supports only master-slave replication: only
one node receives updates and inserts, and replicates to the slaves.

- Nebu