From Cory Zue <c...@dimagi.com>
Subject couch restart triggers view rebuild
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 14:18:10 GMT
We have deployed couch in an environment that requires daily shutdowns of
the machine, which means couch is also restarting frequently. What we are
observing is that couch seems to need to reindex our views every time it
restarts itself. This is not the case for all design docs, but is for some
of them (and frequently, it seems, the larger ones). Looking at the log
file, couch seems to be reindexing/checkpointing these design docs from the
very beginning. As our databases grow, this has become a larger and larger
issue as the reindexing can churn for almost 30 minutes before the system
becomes usable. Once the indices are built everything is fine until couch
shuts down again.

How can we prevent this from happening?

We are running couch 1.0.0 with delayed_commits=false on Ubuntu 10.04. Our
hardware is a fit-PC2.

thanks,
Cory