From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ann] refuge couchdb distribution
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2011 18:44:17 GMT
On Apr 3, 2011, at 10:21 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:54 PM, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi Benoit, thanks.  This looks like some very developer-friendly packaging.  Given
that CouchDB 1.2 is not a thing yet, perhaps you ought to be reporting a `git-describe` or
something similar for the version?  Best,

> That would be better indeed. Need to find if there a way to do it with
> rebar though. Actually it get the versoin from the .app file, so it
> should probably be changed at this place.
>
> - benoit

I patched rebar a while back to allow a user to specify {vsn, git} (or hg/bzr/svn) in the
src/foo.app.src file, in which case rebar will insert the output of `git describe --tags --always`
in the ebin/foo.app file.  Cheers,

Adam