From Mage <m...@mage.hu>
Subject Re: triggering all (necessary) view update
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2011 16:20:04 GMT
        Hello Robert,

I am not sure I see right, is this related to compaction? I see no
downtime right after I start compaction. CouchDB responds fast when it
is compacting (at least in my test case).

The long wait happens when I modify a view and I query it first time.
This is what I would trigger directly for all the views after updating
one slave node's views. So users of the website wouldn't have downtime.

Do you mean that compaction scheduler will handle view rebuild too? Now
compation doesn't build views.

        Mage