From Mage <m...@mage.hu>
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2011 12:22:11 GMT
        Hello,

I would like to migrate a kind of social site to CouchDB + Rails.

Users have a field called active_at (timestamp). This field gets updated
on every click (activity). Some features of the site depends heavily on
this field.

User related documents should be large in CouchDB (containing images)
and as far as I know CouchDB rewrites the whole document on every
update. I suppose I should use another document type to keep these
timestamps since they can get updated several times per minute per user.

However if the timestamps are in another documents how can I use them
for views, especially for sorting (which is a main feature)?

What is the CouchDB way for this?

        Mage