From Daniel Truemper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Some questions on large attachments
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:56:48 GMT
Hi Stefan,

> Is it possible to copy (or move) an attachment from one document to an
> other without downloading and re uploading the file?
AFAIK, server side copying of attachments is not possible.

> If the same file is attached to 2 or more documents, will couchdb hold
> one copy for each or is it possible to tell couchdb these are the same,
> you only have to store it once?
The same as above, I don't think this is possible right now. It would
require a lot of server side processing of the database if one
attachment is equal to any of all other documents and would slow down
attachment uploading significantly.

Maybe you could store the attachment in a separate document from the
original one and store a link to it?

Best,
Daniel