From Luis Miguel Silva <luismiguelferreirasi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB crashing on me (while doing benchmark with 1 million documents)
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 15:14:11 GMT
Robert,

Yes, i agree but my company still needed extreme tests to evaluate potential limitations.
Im extremely excited with couchdb but had to report what can we expect from it before adopting
it!

Either way, the 1 million bulk wasnt the problem. That just, apparently, stood there and was
taking forever to finish (i dont know if it wouldnt be able to recover by itself).
My problem is with the concurrent 1 million docs.

Thanks,
Luis Miguel Silva

On Apr 5, 2011, at 9:08 AM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:

> One million docs in a single _bulk_docs query? I'm not surprised it
> doesn't work, that's quite a weird thing to try.
>
> B.
>
> On 5 April 2011 14:59, Luis Miguel Silva
> <luismiguelferreirasilva@gmail.com> wrote:
>> It is version 1.0.1 (i think - i can't connect to my server right now, but it's basically
the latest stable version available for download in the official web site), and i'm running
on CentOS 5.5 x64.

>> Do you want the steps i used to reproduce this?
>>
>> p.s. i also tried submitting 1 million documents to the bulk_docs API (from one process)
and after 33 minutes the process still hadn't finished so i just killed it...
>> p.p.s. as for the test that crashed couchdb, i actually tried it two or three times
(after restarting couchDB and starting with a brand new / clean DB)...