From Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>
Subject Re: The new couchapp. [cr]
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 11:12:01 GMT
Don't mean to be negative wrt the original python couchapp and the new one in development,
but we've moved over to soca (sammy on couchapp) that comes with a nice ruby (thor-based)
CLI. It also lets go of the quirky, albeit logical directory structure that couchapp enforces
on you. It loses 'clone' functionality in the process but we end up with a much more straightforward
project where its much easier to use coffeescript, compass as post-build pre-push hooks and
extending it is also very simple. It also comes with Sammy.js instead of evently which I find
much better suited for couchapps (being a Sinatra fan, to be fair).

Being a Ruby shop, it was the logical move for us but in general I find it a lot easier to
comprehend and to work with. Having an Erlang configuration file suddenly pop up in my couchapp
would not help the situation.

Gabor