From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Spontaneous view rebuild after view compaction?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2011 13:07:35 GMT
I've had my largest view spontaneously decide to rebuild itself from scratch a couple of times
now, starting immediately after a view compaction finishes.

I seem to remember someone pointing at a ticket for this problem a while ago but searching
around in Jira I couldn't find it. Does it ring any bells with anyone?

I have a suspicion I'm hitting some kind of race condition whereby if the view is queried
while the compaction process is attempting to swap the files over it just triggers a fresh
build. I've turned off my regular view touching for the moment and I'm going to see if it
happens again but as my view takes over a day to build it's getting pretty frustrating so
any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.