From Thomas Vander Stichele <svsam...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: change notifications question
Date Sat, 09 Apr 2011 08:45:25 GMT
On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 11:19 -0700, Mark Hahn wrote:
> You are not even guaranteed the old version will be there.

I would be ok with that, it doesn't seem to be a big problem in
practice.  (Although it's strange to me that all the infrastructure is
there to have document revisions, but we have no control over how much
history we want couchdb to keep.  Seems like a relatively
straightforward next step).

>   You need
> to build history into your app.

Can you be a bit more explicit about what you mean?

It sounds like you say I should re-write CouchDB's revisioning/history
approach in my app just to get around the fact that couchdb has no
controls for history.  I might as well build it on top of anything else
than couchdb no ? :)

Thanks
Thomas