From Thomas Vander Stichele <svsam...@gmail.com>
Subject change notifications question
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2011 17:43:53 GMT
Hi everyone,

I am adding change notification support to paisley (twisted library for
couchdb) and am writing a simple client that sends GUI notifications for
changed documents.

While doing so, I was wondering if anyone ever considered having change
notifications not only notify the new rev id, but also the old one ?

In my use case, after receiving a notification of a change, I now have
to request the new version, then request what I think is the previous
version (which I will have to do by asking for a list of revision id's -
since I don't know the previous revision) and then figuring out what was
the last one that wasn't mentioned in the change notification.

These are three separate requests to be able to figure out changes in a
way to present them to the user (for example - was the task
added/completed/deleted ?)

Any thoughts?

Thomas