From Jim Z <jimzom...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: _design document conflicts
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:20:30 GMT
Aurélien Bénel <aurelien.benel@...> writes:

> > For example, I modify a _design document in DB1. I then modify the
> > same _design document in DB2. I then replicate DB1 to DB2. I would
> > expect that CouchDB would identify a conflict, however after
> > replication, Couch returns no conflicts in DB2.
>
> Are you sure the replicator connects to the other database as an admin
> user?
> I think you need to if you want to replicate the design also.
>
> Regards,
>
> Aurélien

Yes, the replicator connects to the other database as admin. The problem is not
that the replication fails, rather how do I get a list of all the design
documents that are in conflict? For non _design documents, we wrote a view to
return all the documents in conflict. However, _design documents do not work
with views. Any suggestions as to how to get a list of all _design documents in
conflict after a successful replication would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim