From Simon Metson <simonmet...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Full text search - is it coming? If yes, approx when.
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 13:58:46 GMT
Does http://blog.cloudant.com/developer-preview-cloudant-search-for-couchdb/ help wrt. the
original post? Cloudant's search is built on Lucene.
Cheers
Simon

Sent with Sparrow
On Tuesday, 29 March 2011 at 14:24, Dennis Geurts wrote:
Hi all,

> Looking at the amount of replies wrt to this topic it seems there's much interest in
full text searching.

> It's really hard to tell how one would expect this feature to be implemented in couchdb
in such a way that it would supersede the nice couchdb-lucene combo.

> That said, if you want a _really simple_ (and probably bad solution performance wise!)
fulltext search implementation, have a look at couchdb lists.

> You decide which _view is sent to the _list function; within the _list function you can
implement your full text search by inspecting the document data in javascript.