From "Andrew Stuart (SuperCoders)" <andrew.stu...@supercoders.com.au>
Subject Re: blocking during view generation
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 03:28:00 GMT
This one seems hard to believe - is it true that CouchDB blocks the
server whilst updating views?

View updates can be alot of work for a server.

So in reality, queries to the server pause whilst views are updated?

This doesn't seem practical for any production usage.

Can someone confirm that this is true, that during production a server
will block whilst views are updated?

Does anyone else see this as a major issue or am I missing something?
I'm happy to say I have missed the point many times before :-)

I'm with Mark - I can't think of any other type of modern server that
stops processing to get something else done.

thanks

as