From Bruno Rohée <doublestagetrig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: View update speed improvements
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 15:55:19 GMT
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Rob Pettefar
<rpettefar@gpslsolutions.com> wrote:
>> I think it's pretty dependent on your data, whether your new documents
>> are mostly identical or mostly different from the old ones. If it's
>> the former the process can be sped up quite a bit as the map function
>> will only be called on the changed documents, if it's the later not
>> much speed gain to be expected IMHO.
>
> This would probably involved writing over the content of the document, even
> with the same data as before, inuring a new revision number. I guess that

Well as you must provide the old revision number in order to update,
you may have the old document at hand unless you reminded  the
revision number that was assigned to it as you pushed it. But if you
downloaded the old document in your update procedure in order to get
the revision, you are in a position to not update it if the content is
identical.