From Janez Štupar <>
Subject Re: validate_doc_update responsibilities
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:58:30 GMT
Well Actuall is a part of CouchApp toolchain (beyond python
script). Have you checked on the in last two months? I'm not
trying to be snarky here - but I have been guilty of ignoring it myself :D
only to later find out that it gets quite regular updates with tutorials,
documentation and new functionality

So what I was talking about is this library:

Check the "Javascript Application Programming" headline on:

It's exactly what you're proposing and it has already been done :D

What I'm going to be working on in the future is building a simple web based
IDE for CouchApps. Just to flatten the learning curve a bit - since I guess
we are not the only ones having trouble to grasp the incredible amount of
work that has already been done here :D

Regarding the node.js - currently the couch.js and are jQuery
plugins, but maybe it would be possible to refactor some common stuff out -
for greater good in the long run. But I guess I'm prematurely optimizing.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:31 AM, Caolan McMahon