From Joe Freeman <joe.free...@bitroot.com>
Subject Re: copy request in _users
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 11:58:11 GMT
I've never tried out COPY, but I suspect this is because when you copy
the document over, the document's 'name' property stays the same
('q@q.qa'). When the new document is validated, it has an ID of
'org.couchdb.user:xxx', but the name property is 'q@q.qa'. The
validation rule requires that the document ID is 'org.couchdb.user:'
followed by the name.

If you want to rename a user, you'll probably need to PUT the new user
document manually with an updated 'name' property.