From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your Life, On the Couch
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 03:00:36 GMT
A couple points. Here is a section from the Ecko-It FAQ

http://eckoit.com/faq.html

Legal questions about recording
We do not provide legal advice around the use of audio recording.
Please respect your regional laws. What we do believe is that what you
hear is yours. Just because our brains are a little soft does not mean
we should forget what we have experienced. In most places, in public
there is no
expectation of privacy. In private settings you may wish to inform
people that you are recording. We have found that people are accepting
and will
soon accept it as normal. We hope that people do not use this
technology as a way to litigate others or generally be bad.
Liferecording should be
between you and you memory.
That being said, there is much talk that this would be useful in
oppressive societies. People with restricted rights may find it
helpful as a line of defense.

I really don't want to hijack the CouchDB user list, so I have opened
a thread on our list here:

http://groups.google.com/group/eckoit/browse_thread/thread/637479e6e775ffeb

Please feel free to continue the discussion there!

Ryan