From Justin Walgran <jwalg...@azavea.com>
Subject Making a built-from-source version run as an Ubuntu service
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2011 22:32:33 GMT
I installed CouchDB 1.0.1 on Ubuntu 10.10 using apt-get. I would now
like to replace it with a built-from-source copy of GeoCouch. I can
successfully run 'make dev' and then './utils/run' to get my built
from source version running, however if I so a 'sudo make install' it
completes successfully but when I browse to http://localhost:5984 I
still see the welcome message from the 1.0.1 version.

How can I update my configuration to start up the correct version as a service?

Thanks,

Justin