From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some CouchDB internals questions?
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:53:17 GMT
> Have you compacted your db and views?

Yes

> There's unfortunately no direct way to calculate a upper threshold, it
> really depends on your method for inserting as well as how often you
> compact.

Once both (docs and view) are compacted, is the resulting size at all
dependent on how the docs and/or views were created in the first place
(one at a time or in bulk or whatever) ?

> This is due to the tail append storage which will orphan data
> in the file as it writes new records to the various internal data
> structures.

My 1,500 docs are taking up almost 15 meg (roughly 1/4-1k docs with 2
views + 1 view with doc re-emit) and I believe were around 50meg
before compactions.

Thanks Paul.