From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: couchbase start error?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 23:15:56 GMT
2011/3/15 Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>:
> 2011/3/14 Jürgen Weisental <weisental@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi.
>>
>> have installed the new Couchbase Server an getting this Error
>> Windows Vista 32 Bit (old test machine)
>>
>> Eshell V5.7.4  (abort with ^G)
>> (CouchbaseServer@vdev1)1>
>> =ERROR REPORT==== 14-Mar-2011::14:27:09 ===
>> Unable to load crypto_drv. Failed with error:
>> "Unspecified error"
>> OpenSSL might not be installed on this system.

This is likely the underlying issue.

>> (CouchbaseServer@vdev1)1>
>> =INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2011::14:27:09 ===
>>    application: crypto
>>    exited: {shutdown,{crypto_app,start,[normal,[]]}}
>>    type: temporary
>> (CouchbaseServer@vdev1)1>
>> =INFO REPORT==== 14-Mar-2011::14:27:09 ===
>>    application: couch
>>    exited: {{app_would_not_start,crypto},
>>             {couch_app,start,
>>                        [normal,
>>                         ["../etc/couchdb/default.ini",
>>                          "../etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]}}
>>    type: temporary
>> (CouchbaseServer@vdev1)1>
>>
>> Wenn i use couchdb.bat it starts normaly.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> jürgen

Hi Jürgen

I think you are missing OpenSSL DLLs in the system path.

As a quick hack try copying %COUCH_DIR%/bin/ssl*.dll to
%windir%/system32 & retry the service, or you could also add
%COUCH_DIR%/bin to your system path but this may need a reboot.

Also, erlang 5.7.4 is a little old for windows & comes with risk of
dataloss once you get above 4GiB couch db files. The package needs to
be at 5.8.2 i.e. R14B02.

I will take a look once I have a windows box to hand & post back some
more info. Which Couchbase install did you use - community or
enterprise?

Cheers
Dave