From Zdravko Gligic <zgli...@gmail.com>
Subject Some CouchDB internals questions?
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 18:37:54 GMT
Folks,

I created a sample proof of concept app and it created more questions
than it answered with regard to CouchDB and resource usage.  From the
best that I can tell, some 1,500 docs which are about 500 characters
in size (in terms of readable text) to maybe 1k at most are being
bloated to an average of 10k per doc - with just 2 'plain' views and a
3rd view that re-emits the doc as well.

So, is there any literature around that explains at least a bit some
of the CouchDB internals, in terms of at least disk usage.  How much
might each byte end up taking to store (with whatever built-in
overhead) in a doc and what about views and indexing? Are there any
even very generalized formulas like multiply all bytes in index by 2
and add 10 bytes for each filed/attribute in index and then add 1k if
you are building indices on a cloudy day ;?)

Thanks for your help,
Zdravko