From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using auth with http.request
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 22:33:15 GMT
In HTTP basic authentication, credentials are specified using headers
in the request:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_access_authentication#Example

Many HTTP clients (e.g. curl and web browsers) will parse the
username:password out of the URL and set the header for you, but it
sounds like your client doesn't do this.

BTW, you'll need to specify what programming language you're using so
we can give you more prescriptive advice...

—Zach