From Caolan McMahon <caolan.mcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: validate_doc_update responsibilities
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:31:45 GMT
> have you looked into the couchapp.js framework that Chris Anderson has
> built?

I'm only aware of the python couchapp tool. That tool does not do what
I'm proposing. Is there another project I'm not aware of?

> It pulls the design document to browser and enables you to run specific code
> from it. Id propose that you look into extending and/or clearing up
> couchapp.

Hmm, sort of... Its more about adding client-side code to the design
doc's attachments. If you read the http://kansojs.org site you might
see that I'm proposing much tighter integration, focused on sharing
logic between the client and server, and even rewrite rules.

As for extending couchapp, it would be *much* more difficult than
reimplementing it in this case. Using node.js opens up many more
options since it can manipulate commonjs modules easily. Thankfully,
it turns out implementing a basic tool to push couchapps is pretty
simple, which goes to show how awesome CouchDB is ;)