From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: PHP-based SHA1 algorithm?
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:30:56 GMT
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for this link, very useful class! I've ended up with much the same code snippet, I
think during testing my brain, and database, got a bit muddled.

Martin

Sent from my iPhone

On 23 Mar 2011, at 23:15, Patrick Barnes <mrtrick@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> There is an example in php here:
> https://github.com/dready92/PHP-on-Couch/blob/master/lib/couchAdmin.php#L163
>
> On 23/03/2011 2:33 PM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm writing a build process in Phing, part of which involves creating a new CouchDB
user. I'm having trouble logging in as the created user and have an inkling that it's down
to the SHA1 encryption of the password and salt, as the Security wiki page is quite specific
about what SHA1s work and which ones don't.

>> My question is - does anyone know if there's a way to generate a CouchDB-friendly
SHA1 hash in PHP?