From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: Views & design documents
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 14:18:50 GMT

On 8 Mar 2011, at 13:43, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a quick question, if I have 5 views in one design doc, and request one of those
views, and the requested view requires a rebuild, will CouchDB rebuild all 5 views in the
document or just the one that was requested?

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Martin
>
> All 5 views will be rebuilt.  Regards,
>
> Adam

If I were to split the view document into five documents, one for each view, would only the
relevant view be rebuilt or would all views be rebuilt, regardless of how they were described?

Martin