From Brian Mitchell <binar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DocumentRevisions - any way to make sure they will always be available?
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:26:30 GMT

On Mar 31, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Luis Miguel Silva wrote:

> Dear Sean,
>
> Is there an easy way to listen for changes?? Does CouchDB provide us
> with a mechanism to do it?
>
> Does anybody have any suggestions on how i should do it?
>
> p.s. thanks to all who answered my question [Sean, Paul and David]! (i
> dont want to send out individual emails to avoid spamming) ;o)
>
> Thanks,
> Luis

While you can listen for changes, there is no guarantee that the changes feed will represent
each atomic change IIRC. It's more so that something did change, not exactly how many times.
If you are okay with this, it's likely that you could snapshot documents.

More realistically, you'd likely be best off controlling revisions actively during write (rather
than passively). For example, you could use an update function to embed a history in the document.
Alternatively you could copy the documents or use new IDs.

Brian.