From Wayne Conrad <wa...@databill.com>
Subject Re: How to tell if replication is caught up?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 21:10:37 GMT
On 03/22/11 13:02, Filipe David Manana wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Wayne Conrad<wayne@databill.com>  wrote:
>> My largest, ~600GB database was awful to compact.  Because much of it seldom
>> changes, I shared that database by account, yielding about 500 databases of
>> various sizes.  With a compaction daemon that only compacts a database when
>> it grows, compaction is no longer a problem.  However, I appear to be
>> suffering now when it comes to replication.
 >> (snip)

Thanks for the info on querying replication status.

> Also, can you share the logs? I would like to see the errors and stack
> traces you get - without them it's hard to tell what is going wrong.

I've got a log that consists mostly of stack traces that occured over
about 8 minutes.  It's 1.7M lines long, so I'll attach a snippet and
hope it's enough.  Please let me know if more would be helpful.

> However, 500 replications in parallel seems a bit too much.

Perhaps I shouldn't do continuous replication.  Would it be better if I
had my replication daemon round-robin through the databases, replicating
one (or perhaps a few) at a time?  If I change my writers to that they
write to each server, then replication won't usually have that much to do.

Best Regards,
Wayne Conrad