From Daniel Truemper <truem...@googlemail.com>
Subject CouchDB stops
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:26:25 GMT
Hi there,

I have a CouchDB running on a production system where one process stores
documents and attachments into couch and (several) other processes
listen to changes (on different events). Every 12 hours I am running a
compaction, which worked just fine for the last 3 days.

This morning though CouchDB stopped after running compaction. About a
minute before, there was a log message related to compaction:

--
.. Compaction file still behind main file(update seq=27140, compact
update seq=27136). Retrying.

.. Compaction for db "live" completed.
--

Then a handful of docs get written and CouchDB stopped. In
"couch.stderr" I see 6 messages complaining about missing version info

--
couchjs: ../libcurl.so.4: no version info available (required by couchjs)
--

but this does not affect view building or anything else.

(Note: I had to compile several libraries from source since I do not
have appropriate rights to install packages.)

Then there are the following two messages:

--
heart: Erlang has closed.
heart: Executed "couchdb -k". Terminating

In "couch.stdout" there is no error message, and nothing like an
"erl_crash.dump" is anywhere. None of the listening or pushing other
processes show an error (except the one after CouchDB is stopped and
they cannot access it anymore).

Does anyone have an idea where I should look and _what_ I should look for?

Best
Daniel