From Linden Wright <linden.wri...@sri.com>
Subject Corrupted CouchDB Database? CouchDBX/Futon broken?
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:55:19 GMT
Disclaimer, I'm new to CouchDB..

Running Mac OS 10.6, CouchDBX 1.0.2, using an admin account.

I create a fairly simple database called 'configuration2', and add a
design document called '_design/indexes' with some simple views. I'm
running a bunch of unittests, and eventually it seems as though
something becomes corrupt with either the database or in Futon. Before
each unittest, I delete and recreate the database and design document.
While trying to debug my client code's unittests and using Futon,
eventually it will stop allowing me to view the configuration2 database
and display this error: "Alert; Error: not_found; missing". I see this
in the console output:

1> [info] [<0.111.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - 'GET'
/configuration2/_design/undefined/_view/undefined?limit=11 404

Obviously, this _design/undefined document doesn't exist with an
undefined _view. When I hit OK, Futon shows me no documents, even though
it says that there are some on the Overview page. What's even stranger
is that when I delete that database and recreate it, (double checking
that the file is correctly removed from the file system) the same thing
happens.

Now, if I quit CouchDBX and restart, Futon behaves normally and never
makes that /configuration2/_design/undefined/_view/undefined query, and
I can see my documents.

Is this something that I'm doing? Perhaps there is something caching and
some setting I can set to prevent it?

Thanks in advance for your time & help!
-Linden