From Martin Hilbig <blueo...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: copy request in _users
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 03:20:07 GMT
On 05.03.2011 20:09, Mark Hahn wrote:
> Ah, I didn't think of that.  Having hidden code to check that the name field
> matches the id is a real kludge.  So copy doesn't work in _users.  Using put
> to copy would be a real pita because I have attachments.  I guess I'll have
> to create a new doc in another db with a one-to-one relationship with the
> users.

hi,

may i point out that the code which validates the docid is stored in the
"validate_doc_update" field of the "_design/_auth" design document?

you may want to have a look at[1].

> This is the second time I've gotten burned by storing stuff in _users.  The
> docs should say to not store stuff in _users or couch should disallow it.

which other case are you referring to? from what i know storing stuff in
_users isn't prevented, it's just need to be in a very specific form. i
don't know if it persistent, but a quick test showed you can even
uncomment everything in the validation function mentioned above,
although i don't recommend it.

have fun
martin