From Rob Pettefar <rpette...@gpslsolutions.com>
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 11:33:04 GMT
  Hi guys
I've got a question about improving the speed at which views are updated
in our system:

Currently we use a set of database documents to make up whole files
after they have been requested out of the system. When submitted back
into the database the old docs that held data are deleted and new docs
are created in their place. This was done for simplicity of design.
However when we have large file submitted into the system this will
involve the deletion and creation of a large number of docs being
deleted and created (we are looking at around 4,000 deletes and 4,000
new docs).
The views then take some time to update after this has happened.

If we were to instead, modify the contents of the 4,000 documents
(perhaps with some deletions and creations) would this reduce the amount
of updates the system would have to put though the views and thus,
reduce the time needed to update the views?

Thanks
Rob