From Wayne Conrad <wa...@databill.com>
Subject Re: Replication: stalled?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2011 18:54:01 GMT
On 03/01/11 03:15, Filipe David Manana wrote:
> You can also try the new replicator that landed recently into trunk
> (from where 1.2 will be cut from), it adds more parallelism so you'll
> likely see a better performance:
>
> http://s.apache.org/KsY
>
> https://github.com/apache/couchdb/commit/34eb4175f8547546cd76fbeb006421020cbf0d71

Version 1.2.0ac052866-git replicates my ginormous documents with
panache.  My test-case-de-jeur is a document with 32,700 attachments, 4k
each.  Inserting 100 attachments at a time, the document gets inserted
into the source database in 42 seconds.  The destination database is
pulling the changes so fast I can't measure the latency by refreshing
futon: The moment I'm done adding the last attachment to the source
database, it appears in the destination database.  Outstanding!

I had only one small issue building it: on Debian, the package
"erlang-eunit" is required to run "make check."  Is that worth
mentioning in the DEVELOPER file?

Before I put it in production, "make check" reports some failures.  Do
these matter?

Test Summary Report
-------------------
/var/lib/couchdb/custom-install-tree/couchdb/test/etap/160-vhosts.t
            (Wstat: 0 Tests: 10 Failed: 0)
   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 14 tests but ran 10.
/var/lib/couchdb/custom-install-tree/couchdb/test/etap/173-os-daemon-cfg-register.t
(Wstat: 0 Tests: 8 Failed: 0)
   Parse errors: Bad plan.  You planned 27 tests but ran 8.
Files=36, Tests=724, 52 wallclock secs ( 0.15 usr  0.04 sys + 11.29 cusr
  1.16 csys = 12.64 CPU)
Result: FAIL

Oh, and: Can I try this out by just using this version on the
destination database, or does the source database also need need version?