From Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de>
Subject Re: loading data
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:18:16 GMT
Hi,
For what I read, the TCP-x benchmarks are benchmarks for relational Databases:

http://www.tpc.org/

"It consists of a suite of business oriented ad-hoc queries and concurrent data modifications.
The queries and the data populating the database have been chosen to have broad industry-wide
relevance"

I take a good guess and understand, that the csv file will contain data to populate tables?

As I have emailed in private with Mauro, and understood it the right way, the intend is to
run these TCP tests on CouchDB.

Of course, facing the problem of transissioning the relational modelled data towards couchdb
exists :)

Also, I am not sure if the test would be comparable to benchmarks of traditional RDBMS,
regarding data denormalization and the overall complete different nature of relational data
modells and the document oriented approach.

jan posted a nice blogpost a while ago:
http://jan.prima.de/~jan/plok/175-Benchmarks-You-are-Doing-it-Wrong.html

Regards,
Chris

On 23.03.2011, at 16:53, Nils Breunese wrote:

> Mauro Fagnoni wrote:
>
>> Hi all, i have a question about how can i put into couchdb database a .csv
>> data file. because i'm trying test the tpch test on nosql database.
>
> You could just store the CSV file as an attachment, but that's probably not what your
looking for. You'll probably want to write some code to transform the CSV into JSON (or maybe
there is already something that can do this for you) and store that as a document. But this
is mostly guessing, I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly.