From Paul Hirst <paul.hi...@sophos.com>
Subject Re: multiple database or many doc types in one database?
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 08:50:44 GMT
On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 02:12 +0000, Dominic Tarr wrote:
> right.
>
> so what is needed is a script to migrate a type to (or from) it's own
> database. and replicate the views.
>
> hmm... i think you can do a one time replication with a filter...
>
> then you'd just have to change the code which requests those views... or use
> a proxy.

Yes. I've already configured the replication filter but replication kept
stalling for me. Which is odd because without the filter I've had it
working fine. However my current servers are very loaded and in any case
I was replicating to a box with barely enough disk space to hold the
finished databases so when replication got stuck early on I decided to
give up for the time being.

I'm expecting to get some better hardware soon. Then I shall try the
filtered replication again to hopefully get two separate databases on
the new hardware.

In fact I think I shall start a thread about hardware...

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.