From Robert Johnson <rob...@rowanshire.net>
Subject Re: Get All Versions of a document
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 15:18:38 GMT
Carlos

There is a revision number (which is sequential) but you cannot rely on this in 2 cases, first
if you are replicating then you may not get all the versions replicated (if a document is
updated twice between replication cycles then the intermediate state will not be replicated)
second if you compact, old revisions are removed.

You can do several things but 2 spring to mind that I have done which are:-

Attach a timestamp array for updates to the bottom of your document (which is aded to on each
update)
Create a new document on each update and link all the revisions with a common key so you can
find all the documents with a view - include the document update timestamp in the view and
you can get the latest version or the version at a given date quite easily.

Bob