From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: Accessing Futon externally
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 22:54:59 GMT
On 28 Feb 2011, at 22:44, Ian Hobson wrote:

> On 28/02/2011 22:21, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've got CouchDB compiled and running on a CentOS server, and I can access it locally
through cURL and the application that runs on it.

>> How do I expose Futon so I can access it from my remote workstation? I've tried changing
the bind address to 0.0.0.0 but it has no effect.

>> Martin
>>
> Hi  Martin,
>
> The address to use is:   http://<domain or IP>:5984/_utils/
>
> If that does not work, you may have a fire walling issue. This could be either that your
Centos server firewall is not allowing your messages in, or that
> your source machine is not allowed to send messages out on port 5984.
>
> Not knowing the firewalls that are set up, we can't help further.
>
> Regards
>
> Ian

Hi Ian,

It was the firewall - I was starting iptables and csf in the wrong order, needed to be iptables
then csf, my mistake, thanks for the help!

Martin