From Nathan Vander Wilt <nate-li...@calftrail.com>
Subject Re: Loading CouchDB to Amazon Linux AMI
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 04:57:44 GMT
I compiled CouchDB on the default AMI, and I didn't need quite so many manually installed dependencies
at least back then. Here's my notes for comparison:

# 2010 November 27 #

### CouchDB ###
# following Fedora instructions at https://github.com/couchone/build-couchdb
sudo yum install git gcc gcc-c++ libtool libcurl-devel zlib-devel openssl-devel
wget http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/56872/rake-0.8.7.tgz
sudo ruby install.rb
git clone git://github.com/couchone/build-couchdb
cd build-couchdb
git submodule init
git submodule update
vi tasks/distros.rb	# add return [:fedora, 100] at top of function
rake

build/bin/couchdb
curl -X PUT localhost:5984/_config/admins/NAME -d '"PASSWORD"'
curl -X PUT NAME:PASSWORD@localhost:5984/_config/httpd/bind_address -d '"0.0.0.0" # to test
(put on 127.0.0.1 behind nginx later)