From Nikolai Teofilov <n.teofi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows Server 2003 4GB file issue not solved
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 15:51:08 GMT
Rob,

Are you sure you have removed the old version? Sometimes the erlang is still has running processes
and it is just suggestion that you are running still the old version in the background.
Reinstall and reboot could help ... It is "Windows"

Another suggestion run the couchdb not as windows service.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283037
Is this somehow related to your problem?

Regards
Nikolai

On 15.02.2011, at 13:12, Rob Pettefar wrote:

> Hi guys
> I am using Windows 7 Ultimate and I managed to get round the 4GB database limit using
this installer:
> https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads/setup-couchdb-1.0.2_otp_R14B01_spidermonkey_1.8.5.exe
> With this I have a 5.8GB database that is happily running, even if I restart the service.
>
> However when this was applied to a Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition machine the 4GB
limit still seems to exist.
> Is there something funky with Server 2003 that would cause this?
> Is there a binary or installer available that would work instead?
>
> Also do database files that grow to the magical 4GB limit become corrupt or are they
usable on other setups without this issue?