From Andrey Cherkashin <andor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help With map function
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:10:31 GMT
Javi,

Thanks for answer. As far as i know i can use complex keys (according to couch wiki) my problem
was that I didn't understand how to do it. Now my problem is that i can't find way to do "curl
http://127.0.0.1:5984/hanh-phuc-sac-dev/_design/staff/_view/all?key=\"cat1\" from my ruby
app. I'm planing to use couchrest_model and if i understand coretly when i add "view_by :category"
to my class I can use Item.find_by_category('cat1').
On Feb 22, 2011, at 5:52 PM, Javier Julio wrote:

> Andrey,
>
> Great question as I had been struggling with the same. In the docs its kind of buried
there but you can post multiple keys to a view. I believe this is what you are looking for.
Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'd create a view where the index has item, brand and category
and then you can just include a key set for each grouping you want in the post body.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API#Querying_Options you'll see a that it mentions
you can post multiple keys to a view.

> I'm still learning myself so I'm not sure if you can post complex keys (only simple strings
are used). I would assume so since its not stated otherwise but I believe this is what will
solve your problem.

> Ciao!
> Javi
>
> On Feb 22, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Andrey Cherkashin wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem, I can't understand how to write map function that solves my problem:
>>
>> I have a lot of "documents", each document has type (e.g. item,  user), category
and brand. So i have map functions that gives me a list of every document that has type item
(that's easy), but how i can get list of all documents that has brand == xxx or category ==
yyy or even brand==xxx&category=zzz (xxx,yyy,zzz different every time).