From Javier Julio <jjfut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help With map function
Date Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:06:20 GMT
Paul, thanks for confirming. Can you elaborate on "the non-wildcard selection criteria as a
leading prefix"? What does that mean?

So to handle an AND/OR statement would best be or perhaps only way to do with multiple views?
So since Andrey wanted to support "brand and category" or "brand or category" he would need
3 views right?

One for item, brand and category, second for item and brand, and the third for item and category?

On Feb 22, 2011, at 9:01 PM, Paul J. Davis wrote:

> Yep, the multi-key post doesn't require string keys.
>
> Also, when you want wild card behavior you need a view that has the non-wildcard selection
criteria as a leading prefix. It's easiest to think about in terms of array slicing.

> For the OP I would suggest multiple views with the required array orders for the expected
queries.

> On Feb 22, 2011, at 8:52 PM, Javier Julio <jjfutbol@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Andrey,
>>
>> Great question as I had been struggling with the same. In the docs its kind of buried
there but you can post multiple keys to a view. I believe this is what you are looking for.
Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'd create a view where the index has item, brand and category
and then you can just include a key set for each grouping you want in the post body.

docs: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_view_API#Querying_Options you'll see a that it mentions
you can post multiple keys to a view.

>> I'm still learning myself so I'm not sure if you can post complex keys (only simple
strings are used). I would assume so since its not stated otherwise but I believe this is
what will solve your problem.

>> Ciao!
>> Javi
>>
>> On Feb 22, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Andrey Cherkashin wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a problem, I can't understand how to write map function that solves my
problem:

>>> I have a lot of "documents", each document has type (e.g. item,  user), category
and brand. So i have map functions that gives me a list of every document that has type item
(that's easy), but how i can get list of all documents that has brand == xxx or category ==
yyy or even brand==xxx&category=zzz (xxx,yyy,zzz different every time).