From Alex Koshelev <daeva...@gmail.com>
Subject <Connection refused> error
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:21:40 GMT
Hi!

I continue to develop application on top of the CouchDB.

We use master + slave deployment and have some troubles.

Our master and slave nodes refuse connections without any reason. System limit for open files
increased to 50k, `max_connections` settings has 50k value too. Environment variable `ERL_MAX_PORTS`
set to the same value. We've tried to set more Erlang processes and some other tweaks but
without success. Monitoring of the system processes and network activity says that there is
no load almost at all and network connections count doesn't grow over limits. CouchDB logs
(log level = error) says nothing -- has no error entires when refusing is occurs.

And one interesting fact -- we use pull replication of five databases simultaneous. Our other
deployment without slave lives in the same environment, but has no such symptoms. May be this
is because replication? I will try to use push replication but what to ask your advise.

Thanks!
--
Alex Koshelev