From joel.guil...@me.com
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.0.2 from 1.0.1 using MacPorts makes CouchDB inoperative
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:54:27 GMT
HI,

Yes, the same problem occured for me two weeks ago!

Until yet I am only able to run the CouchDBX standalone application. I checked the appropriate
file & cmd for launching the daemon. I even deleted the /opt/local folder then made a
full reinstall of MacPort/CouchDB but it still dont work. My database in /Library/Application
Support/CouchDB are ok and usable with CouchDBX. I intended to make a build from sources but
do not have time yet.

I stay inline...
Joel

> Hi,
>
> I've just upgraded CouchDB for Mac OS X (latest version) from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 using macports.
I've done this before without any problems whatsoever. This time, CouchDB won't run at all,
not even after a hardware restart. The logs remain empty, no info anywhere else. The startup
item is installed as it should be, but nothing simply happens.

> Before I start turning my MacBook Pro inside out in earnest, I was just wondering if
anybody else has suffered the same thing?