From Simon Woodhead <simon.woodh...@simwood.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb and memcached
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:11:55 GMT
Hi Luis,

We use CouchDB on relatively modest VM configurations with massive databases
- 300GB being typical - and it flies. We also use memcached extensively.
What we don't do is use them together as we've never found the need.

If you're retrieving a document by id then CouchDB should be really
responsive. Where it slows down is if you are retrieving by key from a view
and that view needs regenerating/updating. For us that can take hours so
tends to be a conscious process. In the interim we set stale=ok on views
which mimics caching in that we only get results already built without
kicking off an update of the view.

Hope that helps,
Simon

--
***** Email confidentiality notice *****

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us and remove it from your system.

Simwood eSMS Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registered number:
03379831. Registered office: c/o HW Chartered Accountants, Keepers Lane, The Wergs, Wolverhampton,
WV6 8UA. Trading address: Falcon Drive, Cardiff Bay, Cardiff, CF10 4RU.