From sleepnova <wanpee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About CouchDB_replication_protocol
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:18:28 GMT
2011/2/15 Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>:

> On 15 Feb 2011, at 15:06, sleepnova wrote:
>
>> I might implement an embedded version of CouchDB...(ignore)
>
> While an honourable goal, porting the replicator and getting it all right is gonna be
a lot more work than working on improving the Android port.

Sorry for my inaccuracy, I just want to implement a lightweight local
store that can replicate with CouchDB (Don't need a web server to
export my data). My little Android app is only about 64KByte now, it's
not likely to include an extra dependency to a several MB package.
What I need to know is how Couch replicator works, maybe plus
_id/rev/Etag generation rules.

The replicator algorithm thread does help. :)

>> I also create a quora entry.
>> http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-CouchDB-replication-protocol
>
> I'm not really sure what good this does when you also ask here.

Just trying to make these information easier to access on the web.
Mailing list doesn't seems like a great place to rank and organize answers.

>>> what's wrong with using the regular CouchDB Document API?
>>>
>>>  http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API

Nothing wrong with it, I'll use CouchDB Document API once I figure out
the replicator logic.

>>> Cheers

--
- sleepnova